Saturday, October 03, 2009

Day 1 of Total Immersion Workshop

Not to brag but my stroke looks better than it ever has at the beginning of this workshop. Granted there is a HUGE difference between 25 yards and 2500 yards. Holding that stroke can be a different story. I actually find though that if I keep it smooth and easy I can keep it that way longer.

Patience is going to be the key here. Practicing the drills and getting back to the basics. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do this while I'm swimming with my regular group. I'm not sure I have that amount of discipline to keep it together without trying to return to the normal mindset of yardage focus.

The main thing I think I need to work on is:
  1. Head position: keeping it down more and stationary
  2. Breathing: Keeping my breathing in the same timing and same stroke as when I am not breathing. That will be a big one. I already know that my timing gets off when I swim and breath. I have a hard time keeping the same stroke.

No comments: