Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pacing

Today my main set was

5 X 100 on 1:50 (wetronome set at 1.3) tried to keep pace at 19 - 20 BPL
5 X 200 on 3:40
1 X 500

I used the Wetronome to keep my pacing the same. i did pretty well throughout the 100's holding 19 and 20 beeps per length. However when i got into the 3rd 200 I was definitely doing more like 20 - 21 BPL. I also noticed that I wasn't necessarily doing each arm stroke the same. I think what I found is that when i breathe, particularly to my right I drop my hand so my stroke is actually much faster and it gets me off. The left side I do not feel like i lift my head or drop my hand nearly as much. This is a great area for me to focus on and improve my stroke and get a better catch and a more streamline position. I can almost feel the fatigue as i sit here in the top of that shoulder from pressing it down in teh water to get my head up.

No comments: