Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Swimming Lesson

OK. So now that I've done the philosophical part of the lesson how about for the physical aspects of my swimming lesson.


  • Keep hips high and press chest.
  • Take time to roll for breath. I won't lose momentum if I glide there. Pushing down to get my breath interupts the flow and take alot more effort.
  • Drill: Swim with best technique of high hips and core power. When entering my hand reach my hand toward the 15 or 25 (the angle on the pace clock).
  • Watch my right arm. Pop the elbow on the recovery. When I straight arm it I get more of that need to press down to breath.

So for now I am going to set aside my ego and really try this new stuff. What do I have to lose. If it doesn't work then I will go back to my usual style. What do I have to lose at this point? I will be able to go back to my old style. I just need to trust in the process.

No comments: