Monday, April 30, 2007

Bridge of the Gods Ride 4/28/7

Saturday Zan, Colleen and I rode the Bridge of the Gods ride. It was a beautiful day. It started out kind of chilly but then cleared up and was clear, sunny and WARM.

So we took off meeting Colleen at the 205 bridge and rode to the WA side and through Camus. There you hook up with HWY 14 and start your climb to Cape Horn and Beacon Rock. It is a veautiful ride. Waterfalls, trees, astounding views, you can't beat it.

I felt pretty good climbing. I rode steady and it was easier than I recall in the past. On the flats Colleen helped to push my pace up higher than i would have otherwise.

Crossing the BOG is always a thrilling event. It's grated so a fall sends fear into your heart. And when you look down you see the river below you. it's scary.

From there you hit the bike trail and it's travels in and out of coveered woods and then alongside 84 and back again. Right before Warrendale you hop the guardrail and ride 84 for about a mile. There you head to Multnomah falls the last climb up to Crown Point.

The descent from there was awesome, as always. It's like a drop from heaven. Colleen and I then work together into the headwind along Marine drive making it easier going on both of us.

Overall I had a 112 miles for the day. It was beautiful and tiring.

I tried to ride the next day but couldn't really get comfortable on the saddle so only rode for about 90 minutes.

Today I was comfortably running. I ran for over 2.5 hours today. Almost 2 hours this morning and then 45 minutes in the evening.

No comments: